The Marqeta DISBURSE-INCENT solution provides two options for getting cards into the hands of employees or customers — bulk order or individual order.
Under this option, Marqeta ships bulk card orders directly to companies, who then distribute them to employees or customers at their discretion.
You can choose to either associate all cards in the order with a single "inventory" user or to associate each card with a distinct user upon creation.
To set up the cards:
- As needed – Add users to the Marqeta platform (users represent employees or customers; see Create User).
- As needed – Update users on the Marqeta platform to have user details (see Update User).
- Activate cards upon employee or customer receipt (see Create Card Transition).
Under this option, companies order cards for employees or customers on an ad-hoc basis. The card orders are placed using the Marqeta API, and the cards are mailed either directly to the company, employee, or customer.
To set up each card:
- Add a user to the Marqeta platform (users represent employees or customers; see Create User).
- Create a card (see Create Card).
- Activate the card upon receipt by the employee or customer (see Create Card Transition).
Companies load funds from a program funding source into each user's General Purpose Account (GPA) by way of a manual funding load.
To set up and perform manual funding: