Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Executive Assistant to the CPO and CTO is an essential role for the product and technology senior management teams. In this role you will be expected to be strategic and help implement key efforts across the organization based on priorities established by the CPO and CTO. You will help provide material leverage for the CPO, the CTO, and their senior staff.
- Help develop infrastructure, processes and structure to support recurring meetings and ongoing key duties of the executive.
- Help plan and attend CPO/CTO staff meetings, keep minutes, document action items, organize follow-up activities, and check-in with various team members between meetings. Coordinate or distribute any pre-reads/outside materials.
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives and key projects with the CPO, CTO and their staff and ensure they remain focused and meet deadlines.
- Assist CPO/CTO in driving accountability for metrics with their staff.
- Help CPO/CTO to effectively maximize schedule/calendar/time. Ability to juggle complex and fluid scheduling around meetings, presentations, travel, speaking engagements and interviews while remaining calm under pressure.
- Write first drafts of emails, proposals and other communications.
- Experience and ability to plan, manage and execute a wide variety of events from start to finish (offsites, team meetings, meals, parties, etc.) within a prescribed budget.
- Familiarity with all aspects of travel planning – both domestic and international.
- Manage various projects as needed and when they arise unexpectedly.
- Prepare and modify documents including meeting agendas/notes, correspondence, reports, presentation slides, emails, etc.
- Help to submit purchase orders, monitor budgets and handle other accounting related activities as needed.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and super proactive approach
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced, high intensity, but informal start-up environment
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with Google mail, calendar, docs applications.
- 3+ years of administrative support experience at a high level
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- A person of strong character, who can consistently represent Marqeta’s values, contribute to Marqeta’s culture and inspire others to exceed expectations
- Proficiency in managing multiple expense reports
- Skilled in all aspects of planning and project management; able to take an idea from concept to completion
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality deliverables
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and craves high quality feedback from colleagues
- Solid research skills, creative problem solver and and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, follow through and consistently deliver against objectives
- Can handle highly sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity, judgment and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy with all internal and external customers
- A keen sense of humor!
Preferred (but not required):
- Experience with supporting a Tech/Product organization
- Experience in helping an executive scale in a hyper growth environment
- 5-10 years of previous C-level support
- Familiarity with GSuite, Slack, TripActions & Expensify
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.