Sr. Art Director
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for an accomplished Senior Art Director with a proven track record of designing effective and engaging digital experiences. They will lead and manage our creative campaigns, asset creation and brand development in a variety of mediums and channels. They will be a brand storyteller that can execute beautiful work while possessing a desire for testing and iterating to drive results. On a day to day basis, you'll collaborate across functions including product marketing, product design, content marketing, growth marketing, sales, and customer success to launch initiatives across all aspects of the company, externally as well as internally.
- Design and create creative concepts across media: including websites, display, mobile, email marketing, brand guidelines, etc.
- Participate in campaign strategy meetings and campaign planning; testing concepts and exploring design and messaging solutions
- Build upon and grow Marqeta’s brand and personality while maintaining our brand style guide for all teams to utilize & reference
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams & channel leads on project planning, marketing campaigns, sales enablement needs and digital initiatives from start to finish
- Create cohesive marketing experiences while developing high-quality assets that power successful campaign and channel results
- Continuously research new creative campaigns, ad formats, design concepts, and graphic design trends
- Identify best practices and data-driven insights for creative experimentation
- Act as a champion for high caliber design throughout Marqeta
- 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally at a financial, technology or fin-tech company
- Multi-disciplinary experience: campaigns, interactive, branding, web, digital, social, video, print
- Generate ideas based on assignments and campaign planning
- Deep understanding of the industry and can speak to internal clients about industry assets, content, craft, and trends
- Art direct, create and manage output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality
- Ability to visualize concepts and deliver campaigns from concept to execution
- Expert knowledge of the creative process and project management
Ability to expertly present your design thinking to designers and non-designers alike.
- Video and photo shoot experience desirable not required
- Highly organized and able to work with a broad team of cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and resources
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.