Sr. Product Manager, Credit Solution
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Credit Squad enables companies such as Kabbage to provide SMB working capital instantly to their approved borrowers and Affirm to extend POS financing to consumers e-commerce and point-of-sale purchases.
We are rebuilding credit infrastructure from scratch, including a next-generation credit card.
You will work within a tightly knit squad of designers, product managers, and engineers who work cross-functionally with all teams and at all levels of the organization. We are committed to diversity of thought and inclusive in our workstyle. We are growing rapidly so it is expected that you will level up and be hiring your replacement a year or so from now.
We’re looking for a strategic, hands-on product leader to help us build the future of lending and credit. This is where you come in.
- Design and build products within a B2B2C company that delights your users, and your user’s users.
- Develop deep expertise on our product, market, and competitors.
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, operations, design, engineering, risk, and legal on product development throughout customer discovery, validation, and prioritization.
- Partner with a dedicated engineering lead to define technological design and scope including architecture, APIs, data models, and integrations.
- Influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals.
- Investigate complex problems and design simple solutions for them.
- Question assumptions, validate hypotheses, and define key metrics for success.
- Obsess over getting the product details correct, but ship on time.
- You have experience in credit and lending, but not enough to limit your creativity of how credit would look like if you were to re-envision it from scratch.
- Prior product leadership experience with one or more successful cross-platform products
- Led a high performing team that consistently delivered.
- Experience working directly with design and engineering teams with a clear understanding of their tradeoffs.
- Deep customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution
- We are a fast growing company, things are going to happen. Be a pragmatic optimistic, and find the solution.
- Clear communicator, active listener.
- Relentlessly resourceful, ruthless prioritizer.
- Intellectually curious, efficient executor.
- You have a bias towards action.
Product Designer in a former life or STEM degree that includes experience as a software engineer.
- Experience building products within a payments / lending regulatory environment.
- Non-legacy based payments experience (acquiring and/or issuing)
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.