Production Support Engineer
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Production Support Team at Marqeta is at the center of the customer experience for Marqeta. We strive in providing the highest quality support and service to our valued customers. The Production Support Engineer will be a key member of this team and play a critical role in managing the technical needs of Marqeta customers.
- Provide high-quality support to our customers
- Respond to inquiries via tickets, emails, and other channels
- Take ownership of responding to inquiries, issues, and escalations
- Perform problem-solving, diagnosing, root cause analysis, and generate corrective action plans for issues
- Work cross-functionally to resolve issues and provide customer care
- Become a Marqeta product expert
- Assist in monitoring production transaction volume, functionality, capacity, and performance
- Assist in responding to alerts, data, and trends that have customer impact
- Coordinate and execute internal projects to better improve the support process
- Be proactive in monitoring, optimizing issuer resolution, and implementing corrective action planning
- Interact with Product, Engineering, and Technical Operational teams to provide feedback on production support related issues and improvements
- Provide on-call support for rotations and escalations
- 2+ years of experience in technical support, product support, or IT support for B2B customers
- Committed, flexible, and with demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of API technologies and troubleshooting (i.e.: you know what cURL does, know HTTP response codes, etc.)
- Comfortable working within a Linux environment
- Intermediate SQL knowledge (MySQL or Postgres experience preferred)
- Script writing - Python, Ruby, shell, etc.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Kibana, Splunk, AppDynamic, SumLogic, and New Relic
- The ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools
- Ability to work in a customer facing role, with strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to listen, show empathy and also be able to converse with both internal and external technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Experience in payments and accounting
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience working at high growth startup
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.