Program Manager, Cardholder Support
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Program Manager Cardholder Support is responsible for cultivating a customer-centric environment and ensuring that customers and our customer’s cardholders are enthusiastic about their interactions with Marqeta’s products and services. You are responsible for strategically managing Marqeta’s call center relationships and other vendors that support the cardholder experience. In this role, you will ensure that Marqeta’s partners embrace our long-term vision and strategy. In addition, you will work collaboratively with other teams inside the organization to ensure our partners are meeting the demands of our growing business by establishing best practices and process improvements. You will work with our partners to develop and implement new products and service support procedures. You will manage and train our partner’s training staff members to provide the highest standards of customer service and ensuring that all company policies are followed. Additional responsibilities include being an internal resource to provide timely responses to internal stakeholder requests, effectively resolving issues, and working in a team-oriented environment. We’re looking for a dynamic individual contributor who thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere.
The fundamental responsibilities of the role are:
- Strategic relationship management:
Call center management:
- Engage with Marqeta’s partners through multi-function and multi-level to ensure they embrace our long-term vision.
- Serve as a thought leader with the ability to communicate and gain alignment on Marqeta’s strategy.
Champion new projects to build stronger partnerships and accelerate growth.
- Understand and deliver on customer needs through support and future developments
Grow the business:
- Oversee day to day Operations and standards for on-boarding and support of customer cardholder programs
- Develop and monitor KPIs to effectively manage partnerships to contracted SLAs ensuring Marqeta’s business needs are being met.
- Establish and process monthly reporting for customer programs
- Update and evolve the core playbook with new capabilities as features change or are added to Marqeta's platform
- Build and maintain program-specific playbooks to onboard and support cardholder programs
- Work within the organization to improve Call Center experience with Marqeta tools
- Lead negotiations with partners to ensure acceptable terms including but not limited to pricing, QoS, applicable laws, SLAs, brand image enhancement, etc.
- Ensure Marqeta is staying ahead in the industry and with our competition to continue to unlock opportunities to provide a best-in-class experience. This involves cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to unlock support of new product verticals and features.
- Develop capabilities to expand into geographies as Marqeta expands globally
This is a crucial role for the organization that requires a dynamic professional to excel in relationship management and to have an appetite for improving operations. You have an opportunity for tremendous impact on the business as we scale and expand globally.
- Passionate about Customer Experience and up-to-date on the latest trends and practices
- 5+ years of experience in customer service in the payments industry
- 3+ years of experience in roles with a customer relationship and analytical focus
- Experience developing and monitoring KPIs
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Foundation of integrity and strong character to consistently represent Marqeta’s values
- Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with contacts at all levels (including senior executives to technical stakeholders)
- Adaptable to new information regarding the industry, competitors, and market conditions
- Drive to influence Marqeta’s culture, inspiring direct reports and our broader organization to exceed expectations
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high-quality deliverables
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and craves high-quality feedback from colleagues
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
Embraces a culture of documentation and transparency
- Experience in regulatory standards and compliance within consumer financial payments and/or telecommunications (e.g. authentication standards, PII)
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.