World-class security is part of the culture at Marqeta and we’re looking for someone to own information security on our technology team. We need someone creative and passionate about security and compliance. You will work with the technology team to ensure the infrastructure, systems and processes are designed, implemented, and operated in accordance with applicable security standards and practices, including ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, SSAE 16 and international regulations. We work with the latest in virtual technology and automation in our data centers, building out our open source stacks on VMware vSphere and automating the infrastructure with Ansible. You will have a significant impact on the technology infrastructure and security at Marqeta.
Some of the projects you'll tackle in this role will be to:
Provide information security direction on infrastructure projects.
Manage compliance with industry standards and requirements including ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, SSAE 16, amongst others.
Ensure operational alignment with IT and Information Security policies, standards, and regulatory requirements.
Assess and respond to information security inquiries and bring issues to resolution.
Assist with the documentation of information security systems, tools, and procedures.
Support Information Security training and awareness campaigns.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
3+ years of experience in an Information Security or Enterprise Security Risk Management role.
Professional experience with ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, and SSAE 16.
Background in security operations, project management, or information security, with knowledge of Cloud security models and controls.
Bonus Points for:
Experience in payments.
Experience working in an agile environment.
Experience with network security and configuration of Cisco or Juniper networking gear.
CISSP, CISA, CISM or other InfoSec certifications.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Great Emeryville location close to public transportation.
Casual work environment.
Unlimited drinks and snacks.
Come join a company that is growing quickly and is well funded! We are seeking smart and friendly people to handle any customer service-related issues with care and exceptional quality and ensure our customers are left with a satisfactory experience.
We've been very successful in building a highly motivated team that enjoys each other's company and is committed to the success of the company and its team-members. We're looking for someone with a go-team attitude, great personality, and desire to learn and grow with us. As the company grows and you excel, you will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility and grow with the company. We offer a collaborative and casual open-space environment, a fully stocked kitchen, and a great team in our Emeryville office. The candidate for this position should be able to work a flexible schedule (including weekends).
Your duties will include:
• Answering phone calls from customers and responding to emails
• Walking customers through website and account setup procedures
• Researching billing and transaction issues
• Setting up organization client accounts
• Working across departments in Marketing, Web Development, Product, and Engineering
Your skills should include:
• Customer service experience in answering phone calls and responding to emails
• Experience with translating complex processes into plain language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in working in eCommerce (bonus points for using ecommerce billing and shopping cart platforms)
• High degree of professionalism and pride in your work
• Strong computer proficiency (Word and Excel, Web Browsers, Mobile, Web applications, Online Shopping, etc)
• Good problem-solving skills and Attention to detail
• Experience in troubleshooting website issues over the phone
*Bilingual in Spanish a plus
* Financial services a plus
Please reply with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please mention one ecommerce platform that you have used at a previous position.
We are seeking a seasoned Ruby on Rails engineer to work on our consumer-facing and internal web applications. The right person for this role has passion for building high quality products and wants to work in a culture where learning and improving the craft of writing code is valued just as much as shipping. Everyone is a leader in the tech team at Marqeta so you will be expected to mentor other engineers through pair-programming, code reviews and tech talks.
Just recently, we have been focused on a service-oriented-architecture that includes a new set of RESTful APIs powered by Node.js/MongoDB. In this role you will have the opportunity to help build out these services and integrate them with rails applications.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* 5+ years web development experience (not necessarily rails).
* Solid experience with Ruby on Rails.
* Very comfortable working with MySQL.
* Proficiency working with Git.
* Experience working with JSON RESTful APIs.
* Proficiency working in a Linux environment.
* Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
* Always writes tests.
* Strong commitment to quality and a high degree of self motivation.
* Great communication skills.
* Enjoys working as part of a team.
* Previous experience in the payments industry.
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
* Experience working with Node.js and MongoDB.
* Contributed to open-source projects.
* An active GitHub repository.
* Be a core team member – we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will too.
* Pick your own development environment and tools.
* Competitive salary and benefits package.
* Great Emeryville location close to public transportation.
* Casual work environment.
* Option to work from home one day a week.
* A ready supply of soda, snacks and even fruit!
* Regular games of ping pong.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us an e-mail with your resume to email@example.com
The Senior Sales Executive plays a vital role in attracting new merchant partners to join the Marqeta network, primarily focused on large, strategically important and national merchants. The SSE is accountable for developing relationships with large merchants in our target verticals that ultimately lead to their joining the network. Because of the size of merchant this role is focusing on, it is expected that the SSE will partner closely with the Vice President, Sales, the Chief Revenue Officer and other key members of the Marqeta team to close these relationships.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned sales and business development professional that is capable of leading his/her own efforts while still contributing thought leadership, tools, approaches and relationships to the Marqeta Revenue Team.
Desired Skills & Experience
7-10 years experience in sales and business development roles, preferably in B2B contexts
Sales experience with large consumer brands — target vertical emphasis a plus
Deep leadership experience on sales teams and ability to think strategically about sales strategy
Broad and strong relationships across the large, national merchant community, focused on CEO, CMO and COO contacts
Familiarity and experience with payments/transactional processing a plus
Recognized thought leadership in retail, ecommerce and loyalty programs a plus
Self-motivated, highly organized and able to self-direct through the sales cycle
Consultative yet strong sales approach
Operates from a mindset of personal accountability for results
Natural comfort in a startup environment required
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing or finance; MBA preferred
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and profitability. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Reliable, tolerant, and determined, empathic communicator, who is able to see things from the other person's point of view.
Technology, Business and Selling Skills: Solid understanding of how new technologies can help engage businesses and consumers. General understanding of the merchant payments process and an ability to connect emerging product and technology developments to client needs, and translate into compelling value propositions. An understanding of financial products and payments technology tools is a plus.
Business and Selling Skills: Must truly love selling and be highly driven to close new business. Must feel at home in the C-suite and work thoughtfully through business organizational dynamics, find the appropriate advocates and build momentum for the Marqeta value proposition in these organizations. Must be able to communicate effectively with senior leaders of large, usually public, companies.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CRM Manager is responsible for optimizing the lifetime value of our Cardholders by driving Marqeta Card usage and loyalty. This role will create and drive the segmentation and targeting strategies for our Cardholders and Prospects and manage all email and other targeted marketing programs to our populations. To do this, this CRM Manager will play an important role in building out our CRM function and shaping the segmentation strategy in 2013.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position requires strong business acumen, thorough customer knowledge and comfort with numbers and data sets. Areas of focus include reporting and analytics, marketing strategy, program development. This analytical individual must build and maintain a strong partnership with merchant services and business development operations.
This CRM Manager must be able to:
Create Customer Value
• Drive customer loyalty and retention, load volume and spend for the Marqeta Card
• Develop and optimize customer contact frequency and customer targeting to maximize customer loyalty and drive sales
• Identify and refine customer segments and utilize segments to target communications; actively manage segment performance and customer spend metrics
• Analyze customer characteristics, consumer purchase behavior, and marketing campaign performance.
• Build sophisticated offer segmentation for key campaigns
• Develop and execute “best customer” strategies to drive segment growth
• Own and manage email program by leading, developing, executing, tracking and measuring E2E CRM segmented email marketing communication strategies to yield positive revenue, acquisition, conversion, retention and engagement results
• Optimize email marketing strategy leveraging ongoing campaign results and evolving business needs
• Provide post-campaign analysis and forecast development
• Develop long-term test plans to garner critical customer learnings
• Leverage customer data and insight to inform and optimize program messaging and refine customer journey experience
• Integrate customer service findings and “voice of the customer” into larger CRM strategy
Contribute to Creating a Best-in-Class CRM System
• Bring a strong understanding of CRM capabilities and functionality to the table
• Gain a thorough knowledge of our existing CRM system, provide strategic recommendations for upgrade/improvements and tactical know-how
• Partner with senior leadership to garner email and online support for key direct marketing programs and develop and execute long-term marketing plan
• Partner with cross-functional merchant services and bus dev teams to ensure consistent customer experience across marketing channels
• Align key business partners throughout organization behind program goals and initiatives
• Serve as a key contributor to strategic planning process
5-7 years of experience in CRM and email marketing. Previous experience working for a CRM provider is a plus, but we are specifically looking for someone with direct-to-consumer CRM experience using robust CRM software
Deep knowledge and understanding of email marketing, consumer and relationship marketing
Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment
Results-oriented, timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy are critical traits
Strong project management and organizational skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Highly motivated and innovative individual who takes initiative and is able to work autonomously
Having been part of a core team that has built a CRM strategy and system from the ground up, is a huge plus.
Proficient with MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bachelor’s Degree required
Send your info to: email@example.com
The Merchant Services Specialist plays a vital role in ensuring our merchant partners have a productive, optimized, consistent, and error-free experience as part of the Marqeta program. He or she will be accountable for onboarding new merchants, supporting the development and execution of merchant campaigns, and helping our merchants effectively promote the Marqeta program.
The Merchant Services Specialist will spend much of his/her time partnering with the Merchant Account Management team and members of the Business Development organization. The ideal candidate is accustomed to both independent and collaborative work, and can work easily and fluidly with Marqeta’s merchant partners as a representative of our brand and values. It is also expected that the Merchant Specialist will be able to contribute new thought leadership, tools and processes.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Onboard new merchant partners
o Contract – Ensure contracts are executed properly by BD team
o Merchant Profile – Ensure merchant profile is complete, in compliance and provides all the information Marqeta needs to design and execute campaigns
• Campaign planning, support and launch
o Work with Merchant Account Management Team and merchant partners to conceive of, plan for and execute Campaigns
o Shepherd the merchant team through the entire campaign planning and execution process
o Monitor campaign statistics in real team, along with appropriate reporting to all parties on campaign results
• Invoicing and Collections
o Prepare and deliver monthly invoices to merchants based on defined policy and process
o Follow up with merchants to collect on past due balances
• Onboard new organizations
o Contract – Ensure contracts are executed properly by BD team
o Organization Profile – Ensure organization profile is complete, in compliance and provides all the information Marqeta needs
• 3+ years experience in operations roles, preferably in B2B contexts
• Familiarity and experience with payments, transactional processing a plus
• Self-motivated and highly organized
• Detail-oriented with strong time-management and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate through in-person meetings, verbal, and written communication
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, marketing or finance.
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Individual must be reliable, tolerant, and determined. Must be an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well presented and businesslike. At home in a high-paced, intense but informal start-up environment.
Technology skills: Solid understanding of how applied technologies can help engage merchants and consumers. General understanding of the merchant payments process and an ability to connect emerging product and technology developments to merchant needs, and translate into compelling value propositions. An understanding of financial products and payments technology tools is a plus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us an e-mail with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.