Sr. Product Manager, Processing
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
You will drive new capabilities into our core offering: define the specifications, lead sprint planning, manage the roadmap, prioritize allocation of development resources, assist in managing releases across multi-tenant microservices, and participate broadly in areas from working with customers to operations to taking products to market. Your passion and attention to detail will help identify and drive new capabilities to give more flexibility to our customers in the areas of financial balances and accounts, clearing and transactions, data models, instrumentation and reports and other quality initiatives. Your creative solutions to complex problems and market needs will materially impact the continued revenue growth at Marqeta. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch.
- Drive Marqeta processing platform solutions for EU customers
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications
- Collaborate with revenue teams, finance, operations and engineering as product inputs to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Own the feature set and act as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Ensure successful product launches by working cross-functionally with revenue teams, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to define market requirements and customer use cases to drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of identified issues
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- 7+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent experience successfully shipping or deploying payments products
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of technologies and products required to bring EU payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with funds and data flows
- Ability to drive for results cross-functionally and influence others within the company, in our partner ecosystem and in the field with customers
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Understanding of data and reporting useful for customers and partners from processors
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field
Bonus points for:
- Experience with payments solutions including relationships with the networks in EU and/or other non-US markets
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Understanding of data models and effective data architecture
- Quantitative and analytical skills with willingness to dive deep and interpret complex data
- Graduate degree in a related field
- 25 days annual leave
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pension contribution
- Meaningful Equity
- Flexible working environment
- Monthly mobile and connectivity stipend
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.