Sr. Director Product Management, Processing
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
You will lead our core Processing product team, leading the product direction, driving new capabilities into our core offering and delivering world class platform scalability amidst this exciting hyper-growth period. Hone the skills of the team define specifications, lead sprint planning, manage roadmaps, prioritize development capacity, and build high quality platform expansion across multi-tenant microservices. Ensure sound strategic direction and effective detailed plans are in place from architecture to operations to go-to-market. Your passion and attention to detail will help identify and implement internal processes facilitating scale, efficiency and quality. Your innovative solutions to complex problems and market needs will materially impact the continued revenue growth at Marqeta. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, people skills, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch.
- Create and manage product strategy, drive roadmaps, project plans, and clear product specifications that consistently deliver quality products in our Processing area
- Collaborate with engineering, design, finance, and operations to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases. Ensure high return on development capacity
- Act as product area evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Ensure successful product launches by working cross-functionally with business development, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering; build scalable processes to ensure your team consistently delivers quality
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to assess market trends and customer demand to drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
- Ensure the QA process, test planning and methodologies are reliable
- Coach your team to collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- 8+ years experience in product management, with demonstrated leadership progression and experience
- Thorough understanding of technologies and products required to bring global payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with payment networks
- Strong belief and experience in lean product development methodologies
- Ability to work cross-functionally across a product management team and influence others within the company and outside
- 5+ years of successful managerial experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
A Bachelor's degree in a related field
Bonus points for:
- Experience successfully building and shipping payments or fintech products
- Experience leading highly available SaaS platform products
- Experience using product analytics to inform direction and/or data design
- Experience in product strategy and/or product marketing functions
- A Graduate degree: MBA, technical or equivalent
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- $250 Monthly Stipend to cover: Cell phone, internet Connectivity & Commuting (3C)
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.