VP, Demand Generation
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for a growth-oriented Demand Gen to develop, execute, and scale programs that actively drive pipeline and deliver revenue for the business as it continues to grow. The leader will own the overall demand generation strategy and vision, SEM, SEO, ABM and campaigns, events and the marketing operations and technology.
The successful candidate is a smart, driven, and experienced leader that has proven success in implementing demand generation programs, developing a sales & marketing funnel, aligning & contributing to sales, and executing on high-impact opportunities & marketing programs that are on-brand, engaging, innovative and results-oriented.
A strong understanding of marketing technology, automation, and CRM systems is necessary. Understanding what work needs to be done to maintain and improve lead databases, scoring, and segmentation -- and being able to support the execution of that work -- is critical.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to optimize and elevate demand generation by working successfully with the revenue and product teams to generate sales through strategic, meaningful marketing engagements.
Drive growth. Develop, optimize, and execute a demand generation strategy that drives pipeline and creates sustainable revenue at scale
- Produce a comprehensive ABM program that drives engagement with strategic, targeted accounts
- Own the buyer’s journey. Manage and optimize lead scoring and nurture models that align to industry best practices and perform above benchmarks
- Implement inbound and outbound campaigns incorporating email marketing, SEO/SEM, social, web, display, live/digital events, etc. Identify and test new growth opportunities across segments/channels
- Help in the selection and instrumentation of marketing technologies & tools that support programs.
- Manage and maintain relationships with external vendors and agencies
Demonstrate strategic thinking and partnership with sales. Partner to ensure continued alignment and enablement Drive optimal lead flow and follow-up
Measure performance and drive results. Establish agreed-upon KPIs for programs. Determine forecasts and track performance to deliver on expected outcomes, determine ROI, and prioritize resources. Own and share the analysis and reporting of these efforts
Know the business. Gain a deep understanding of the Marqeta value prop and messaging to amplify the Marqeta brand and product positioning - everywhere. Collaborate with other team members across the organization so that strategy, messaging, branding and execution are consistent and coordinated
Lead, motivate, and mentor. Actively develop the skills of any direct reports and support cross-functional team members
- 7+ years of marketing experience in driving and setting marketing strategy for growth-phase SaaS companies, ideally with developer-oriented platforms. 3+ years building and leading a team
- Proven prior demand generation success as measured by marketing contribution and influence. Demonstrated experience in disruptive marketing techniques like account-based marketing, growth marketing, etc
- Analytical mindset with the ability to track and report on leading & lagging indicators of marketing performance, revenue influence, and ROI. Proven ability to use data to optimize campaign performance and inform future strategies
- Deep knowledge of the MarTech landscape and proficiency with Salesforce, Marketing Automation, and other marketing tools/technologies
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to build rapport, influence, and deepen relationships with cross-functional team members
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and disciplined project management and process improvement capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree is a plus
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- $250 Monthly Stipend to cover: Cell phone, internet Connectivity & Commuting (3C)
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.