Director, Workplace Experience
Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Employee Experience, the Director, Workplace Experience will develop and lead Marqeta’s Workplace Experience organization; overseeing all areas of workplace management, real estate, and facilities.
The Workplace Experience team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring our culture and values to life, aligned with our Flexible First approach to the Future of Work. As its global leader, you will advise the Marqeta leadership, business, and key partners (HR, IT, Finance, Chief of Staff) to create engaging and productive workplace experiences for Marqetans in our offices, flexible working spaces, and wherever they choose to do their best work.
This role will be predominantly on-site, based at our HQ in Oakland, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development and implementation of the Marqeta workplace strategy, with the goal of creating the best experience for Marqetans, aligned with global business growth goals
- Lead a high performing Workplace team responsible for the end-to-end management of the workplace lifecycle, including occupancy / space management, facilities management, front desk/office management, employee events, perks, and capital projects
- Deliver best-in-class workplace services, balancing cost and needs with expectations from the business to create a dynamic and enticing workplaces that foster connection and collaboration
- Lead the evolution of our approach to on-site work experience, creating intentional spaces for connection and collaboration, and overseeing our “OAKsite” events for teams coming to HQ
- Serve as an ambassador for our flexible first culture, by providing amenities and experiences that increase employee engagement and productivity whether onsite, remote, or utilizing our flexible working spaces
- Oversee and optimize Marqeta’s real estate operations globally, developing metrics and using benchmarks to increase opportunities, identify trends, understand risks, and provide reporting
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with key stakeholder groups to enable seamless employee and guest experiences onsite (IT/EA Team etc)
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of relevant workplace experience in the areas of Workplace Management or Corporate Real Estate
- Deep understanding of workplace and real estate fundamentals and knowledge of leading practices and trends
- Experience collaborating with other internal partners (e.g., HR, Enterprise Technology, Marketing, etc.) to develop and implement cross-functional workplace experience strategies
- Demonstrated experience acting as a trusted advisor to senior leaders in related disciplines (People Operations, Legal, Finance etc)
- Financial acumen, analytical and problem solving skills; with examples of using data, trends, and research to drive action & impact
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.