Senior Product Manager, Processing - Authorization
Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
You will drive new capabilities into our core processing platform: define the specifications, lead sprint planning, manage the roadmap, prioritize allocation of development resources, assist in managing releases across multi-tenant microservices. Everything related to card issuance, processing and servicing will be modern, disruptive and scalable. Our modern platform and open API enables custom configurations of card product features that deliver the speed and agility that digital-first banks and fintechs need to diversify and scale in this dynamic sector. Your passion and attention to detail will help identify and drive new capabilities to give more flexibility to our customers in the areas of card processing, platform scaling and other quality initiatives.
Your creative solutions to complex problems and market needs will materially impact the continued revenue growth at Marqeta. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch.
We’re looking for a hands-on product manager who would own the future of one or more of our processing product capabilities, including solutions like core card transaction processing, transaction controls and real time decisioning, and are well versed with processing traditional as well as emerging payment types, and experience working on a large scale platform or infrastructure.
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications
- Collaborate with revenue teams, partner operations, and engineering as product inputs to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Ensure successful product launches by working cross-functionally with revenue teams, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering
- Own card association mandates, specifications and new offerings, to define use cases and drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of identified issues
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent experience successfully shipping or deploying payments products
- Creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- Must have understanding of Payment Industry ecosystem, gateway services and security services
- In-depth knowledge of card brand regulations
- Understanding of technologies and products required to bring global payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with ISO 8583 and EMV specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user issue
Bonus points for
- Experience with reconciliation systems and money moment
- Experience building products within a cards / payments / ledger / regulatory environment.
- Experience with HSMs and key management
- Experience in implementation of solutions processing 100M transactions per day
- Experience managing technical products (SaaS platform services, API/SDK products…)
- Past experience building Fintech products or incredible developer experience
- Experience is agile software development methodologies
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.