Senior Product Manager, Onboarding
Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced senior product manager with a passion for addressing customer needs, a desire to develop and launch industry-leading innovative products, and an innate interest in financial technology.
You will help drive the success of Marqeta’s revolutionary card issuing platform by building the products that people use to interact and get the most value from it.
You will partner with stakeholders across Marqeta to build business cases, product strategy and long term roadmaps. You will work with other product managers, product designers and engineers across the stack to execute this vision.
The ideal candidate will be able to build a holistic view of the challenges and opportunities across our global operations and product suite, develop and drive technical product and operational solutions.
As a Senior Product Manager of Onboarding within the Customer Experience Product Group, you will be responsible for helping scale Marqeta’s card operations globally.
You will build integrated and seamless solutions that empowers our team to streamline the onboarding process and accelerate time to value, thereby directly impacting revenue.
As a key advocate for your product area, you will lead & bring to fruition new initiatives by collaborating extensively with customers, partners, internal Marqeta teams, and 3rd party vendors.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct customer interviews, user testing and research to understand the current onboarding process holistically and identify the product gaps
- Develop and own a product roadmap that delivers strategic value and positive outcomes for our customers and Marqeta
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on product development during the ideation and discovery phases to assess value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Create and prioritize detailed product requirements to be used in written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases
- Work with engineering counterparts to architect and develop key system infrastructure including APIs, data models, and integrations
- Ensure that roadmap and prioritization processes are well communicated and understood across the organization
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of any identified issues
- Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure and track progress towards success and drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Deliver a seamless solution that works across internal and 3rd-party providers to enable a simple and delightful customer experience.
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through sprint planning, launch phases, and follow-on releases.
What We’re Looking For
- STEM or business undergraduate. MBA, MS or equivalent a plus.
- 5+ years of product management in consumer or enterprise software. Fintech experience is a plus.
- Great collaborator and communicator in order to rally key onboarding stakeholders behind product initiatives
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with willingness to dive deep and interpret complex data; ability to pull data through SQL and translate insights into roadmap items
- Exceptional at communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Experience in operations improvements. Shipping products that automate or create efficiencies for users.
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of all aspects of agile product development and delivery
- Experience with agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- A proven track record of success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing and often conflicting priorities
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others
- Passion for great user experience, including the experience of internal and partner stakeholders
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Strong payments background with processing or card profile knowledge
- Experience building self-service products
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.