Total Rewards & People Ops
Marqeta is on a mission to change the way money moves. Our open API card issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Square, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Uber, to issue cards, authorize transactions, and manage payment operations in real-time. Founded in 2010, Marqeta IPO’d in 2021 and has grown into a team of over 900 Marqetans in the US, UK, Canada, Singapore, and Australia.
As Marqeta’s Compensation Partner, you will help define Marqeta’s compensation strategy. You’ll be challenged to assist in the development and design of compensation programs that optimize our ability to attract, engage, and retain top talent at a fast-paced, publicly traded company. In this role, you will actively influence change through direct access to leadership.
We work Flexible First. This role can be performed remotely from anywhere within the US. We’d love for you to join us!
What You’ll Do
- Partner with members of the Global Compensation Team to brainstorm, research, and provide input into the design of compensation programs, policies, and practices
- Serve as a trusted internal advisor to leaders throughout the company on the administration of compensation programs and resolution of compensation matters
- Help drive the implementation of compensation programs through training and consultation with key stakeholders (Finance, HR Business Partners, People Solutions, Legal, etc.)
- Update organizations on Compensation risk areas and ensure plans are well designed within the context of legal and tax constraints in partnership with Legal
- Review positioning of individuals relative to approved compensation ranges and survey data
- Administer cash plans (Base pay and Incentive pay) for assigned client groups
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in Compensation at global organizations
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with job analysis, benchmarking, and market pricing, including familiarity with Radford and other high-tech compensation surveys
- Experience administering an integrated approach to compensation in a global, publicly traded company
- Capable of completing complex analysis to derive insights based on program metrics that can be tracked, interpreted, presented, and tailored for multiple audiences
- Advanced ability to communicate, influence, persuade, build trust, and gain the confidence of and advise all levels of the organization
- Experience with a wide variety of HR tools and systems including implementation of new products—experience with Workday is strongly preferred
- Passion for developing programs that scale in a fast-growing organization with a distributed workforce
Recruiter For This Role
- Application submission
- Recruiter phone call
- Hiring manager video call
- Virtual “Onsite” consisting of 4-5, 45 min calls
- Final Hiring Manager call
Compensation and Benefits
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Equity in a publicly-traded company and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Health insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family-forming benefits, fertility support, and up to 20 weeks of Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and legal advice
- Monthly stipend to support our remote work model (#LI-Remote)
- We believe the entire world is our talent pool. However, the nature of this particular role requires the candidate to have current work authorization in the US.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.