Sr. Product Manager, Processing
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
You will drive new capabilities into our core offering: define the specifications, lead sprint planning, manage the roadmap, prioritize allocation of development resources, assist in managing releases across multi-tenant microservices, and participate broadly in areas from working with customers to operations to taking products to market. Your passion and attention to detail will help identify and drive new capabilities to give more flexibility to our customers in the areas of financial balances and accounts, clearing and transactions, data models, instrumentation and reports and other quality initiatives. Your creative solutions to complex problems and market needs will materially impact the continued revenue growth at Marqeta. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch.
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications
- Collaborate with revenue teams, finance, operations and engineering as product inputs to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Own the feature set and act as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Ensure successful product launches by working cross-functionally with revenue teams, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to define market requirements and customer use cases to drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of identified issues
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent experience successfully shipping or deploying payments products
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of technologies and products required to bring global payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with funds and data flows
- Ability to drive for results cross-functionally and influence others within the company, in our partner ecosystem and in the field with customers
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Understanding of data and reporting useful for customers and partners from processors
A Bachelor's degree in a related field
Bonus points for
Experience with accounting, finance, reconciliation systems or other FinTech products
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Understanding of data models and effective data architecture
- Quantitative and analytical skills with willingness to dive deep and interpret complex data
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Monthly commuter and parking subsidy
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.